Alloy Transit Case for An Electrical Switchboard
18 Jul 2023
AXIS Industrial were contracted to custom built a road transit case for an electrical switchboard. The case was to be suitable for long term use and for display purposes at expos and exhibitions.
- To custom build a transit case for an electrical switchboard.
- The case must be suitable for long term use.
- The case needs to be aesthetically pleasing for use at expos and exhibitions.
- The case must be suitable for road transit.
- It must be easy to manually open the case to enable display of the switchboard.
- The switchboard must be firmly secured within the case.
- The physical dimensions of the switchboard and its high centre of gravity, meant securing the switchboard inside the case was a challenge.
- The weight of the switchboard, over 1 ton, required a sturdy and stable base for transporting.
- A custom designed Alloy Transit Case provided a sturdy and aesthetically pleasing solution.
- An Alloy Transit Case was also suitable for long term use and for road transit.
- A split hood design ensured the Alloy Transit Case would be easy to open manually for display of the switchboard.
- To ensure minimal damages to the case in transit, all handles and latches were recessed into the body of the case.
- To ensure stability during transport, the switchboard was anchored to the base with ratchet strapping through hooks and bolts in the floor of the case.
- Steel forklift pockets were fitted to the external base of the case for added stability when transporting and moving.